How to Vote
- DNA membership is not required for participation.
- All nurses (nominee and nominator) must be currently licensed in the state of Delaware.
- Nominee cannot be in active disciplinary action. Nominees will be vetted by the Delaware Nurses Association and Delaware Today magazine.
- The nominee should exhibit exemplary characteristics of a professional nurse in addition to the qualifications of the category.
Voting will be completed using Survey Monkey. Review the categories and consider a nursing colleague you feel best fits the qualifications for each category before voting.
Individuals submitted for the Nursing Legend category will be required to provide additional information. The Nursing Legend category is a one-time award. Nurses who have previously received the award are ineligible.
- A nominee does not have to be submitted for each category when voting and you may vote until the closing date and time.
- Only one vote per category will be counted from each nominator (person voting). If multiple votes in a category are received from the same nominator, only the vote from the first submission (in each category) will be accepted.
- To successfully enter a nominee in a category, the following information is required about the nominee: name, mailing address, email address and telephone number.
- The nominator (person voting) must submit their name and Delaware nursing license number.
Votes received without the required information will not be considered
Voting will be held from November 14, 2015-February 10, 2017. All nominations must be submitted online no later than February 10, 2017 at 11:59 pm to be considered.
Each Delaware registered nurse will have the opportunity to vote for a Top Nurse’ in each category. Since there is no application or narrative to complete for this program, the award winners and honorable mentions are based on the number of time a nurse’s name is counted in a category.
The Delaware Today staff reserves the right to determine how many honorable mentions will be featured in each category, and how to utilize the results. As a statewide magazine, the Delaware Today staff strives to offer statewide representation.
Nominees and award winners will be notified of their status by Delaware Today magazine.