DNA takes appropriate action whenever necessary to recommend and/or promote legislation (including statutory and administrative laws, executive policies standards, regulations, rulings, and legal decisions) which affect the interest of healthcare consumers, the nursing profession, and support the mission and goals of DNA. The Advocacy Committee is charged with monitoring and participating in policy related to health care, the workplace, patient care, and many other areas where nurses are engaged.
Mission: to educate the membership and policymakers about the most crucial and current legislative initiatives and concerns which directly affect healthcare consumers and the nursing profession.
- Establish ongoing collaborative relationships with local and national legislators.
- Strengthen the voice of nursing through grassroots and grasstops advocacy.
- Provide resources to the nursing community to advocate on behalf of healthcare consumers and the nursing profession.
- Establish collaborative relationships with other healthcare professionals and organizations.
- Advocacy Director: Annamarie Flick, MSN, RN-BC, NE-BC
- Associate Advocacy Director: Donna Mower-Wade, DNP, APRN, ACNS-BC, CNRN
- Clinical Nurse Specialist: Michael Szeliga, MSN, APRN, AGCNS-BC, CMSRN
- Certified Nurse Midwife: Laurel Miller, MSN, APRN, CNM, WHNP-BC
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist: Christine Moses, MSN, APRN, CRNA
- Certified Nurse Practitioner: Susan Conaty-Buck, DNP, APRN, FNP-C, FAANP
- Licensed Practical Nurse: Vacant
- Registered Nurse, Sussex County: Rita Meadows, PhD, APRN, FNP-C
- Registered Nurse, Sussex County: Suzette Flores, DNP, APRN, FNP-C
- Registered Nurse, Kent County: Stephanie McClellan, MSN, MBA, RN, CMSRN, NE-BC
- Registered Nurse, Kent County: Trina Turner, MSN, RN-BC, LNC
- Registered Nurse, New Castle County: Cynthia Griffin, MS, BSN, RN, CCM, NEA-BC
- Registered Nurse, New Castle County: Marykate McGurk, BSN, RN, CCRN
- Registered Nurse, at-large: Dominique Turner, BSN, RN
- DONL Representative: Catherine Schull Fernald, DNP, RN, RNC-OB, NEA-BC
- DNA President: Leslie Verucci, MSN, APRN, ANP-BC
- Megan McNamara Williams, DNP, APRN, FNP-C
- Pamela Zickafoose, EdD, MSN, RN, NE-BC, FNE, CNE
- Amanda Bryden, RN
- Lisa Wallace, MSN, APRN, FNP-C