The Association for All Delaware Nurses

Log in

Delaware Nursing History

Association History

The Delaware Nurses Association was founded and incorporated in April 1919 as the "Delaware State Association of Graduate Nurses."

In 1951, the Association changed its' name from "Delaware State Association of Graduate Nurses" to "Delaware State Nurses Association." 

In 1958, the Association changed its' name to "Delaware Nurses' Association."

Preserving and Celebrating Delaware Nursing History

The Delaware Nurses Association is the only association charged with preserving and celebrating all of Delaware's nursing history. We partner with the Historical Society of Delaware (Wilmington) to preserve, maintain, and archive nursing history through a robust collection. We also maintain a small collection of nursing history memorabilia at the Association's office in Newark. 

Donations: the Association welcomes individual or organizational donations of nursing memorabilia to be preserved in our collections.

Please email or call the association and we will be happy to coordinate your donation and/or grant access to review nursing history items for research, publications, recognition, and more. 

Delaware Nurses Association 

DNA is a constituent member of  
4765 Ogletown Stanton Road, Suite L10 | Newark, DE 19713
Email: contactdna@denurses.org

Phone: (302) 733-5880 Organizational Affiliates

   - Delaware Organization for Nursing Leadership

   - Delaware Diamond Chapter - Oncology Nursing Society

   - Delaware Emergency Nurses Association

   - Delaware State Affiliate - American College of Nurse-Midwives

   - Delaware Coalition of Nurse Practitioners


 

© 2021 Delaware Nurses Association. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software